Hey everyone! It was a pretty crappy week last week. Work/personal stress + still suffering from this cold sort of did me in.
But thankfully we had today off from work, and my hubby took me on a lunch date. We went to a place called On Swann in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Tampa Fl. It was such a lovely place and we enjoyed some drinks and delicious and light food. It was just lovely. We finished the day with some window shopping and I even landed a few items for 30% off.
Here’s my Friday fives from the work week and mid year check in, in no particular order…
I contemplated briefly, running a fall marathon. Yet after my 4 mile run in the heat and humidity, I changed my mind, immediately quickly. I’ll focus on speed and getting my half marathon time under 2 hours, instead, like I initially planned.
I have continued to work on my moving forward mantra with lots of self-talk, doing things I love, and surrounding myself with positive people. I’ve also made more effort to reach out to people who I know too, are struggling. Yay for forward progress!
I have been eating REALLY well for a few weeks now, (You can read about my shocking revelations here) and have lost maybe a lb. but that’s reaching. Argh. Someone pass me a cheeseburger and fries, PLEASE. I’m truly at a loss…and not the weight kind. Is it so much to ask to drop 5-10 lbs.?? LOL!!!
My legs/body is tired this week. I physically feel ok, but every time I run it’s like I am carrying two lead filled bricks vs. legs. I ran my last 4 miler in my long run pace of 10:30…seriously? Why does everything hurt? I am half contemplating skipping my 12 miler tomorrow…but am on the fence. Even if I’ve cut long runs a bit short, I’ve never skipped one that I can recall…
After no more than 1 day off consecutively in the last 2 weeks, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy it’s Friday. I’ve got lots of plans filled with power washing my deck, staining said deck, and a baseball game with my family tomorrow night. Sunday is my nephew’s 8th grade graduation and I can’t wait to see my sister and her family. It always does my heart wonders to be near my peeps.
Have you ever had issues with coming to a stand still in regards to weight loss? Have you ever skipped a long run during marathon training? How are you coming along with your goals this year?
Here are my Friday 5’s in which I’m loving, or not loving, in no real particular order:
1. I am still loving my Brooks Launch 2’s, and plan to order a second pair on pay day to break in for the marathon. I love how lightweight they feel, the cushion they provide my legs, and the fact that my feet rarely (after racing last weekend everything hurt, lol) hurt after a long run. Winning all the way around.
2. I am not loving being a Mom to a teen. I LOVE her…but wow, no one gave me the listed side effects in advance that come with raising a teen. These side effects include the following, keeping in mind this list is NOT all inclusive.
Moodiness, snarkiness, outbreaks, tears, sarcasm, silent treatment and hatefulness, all with a side of ultimate love deep down to the core. ❤
Was I this terrible? Don’t answer that…I think I better apologize to my Mom for the umpteenth time for being such a crappy teen. LOL!!!
3. I am loving the warmer temps here in the Chicagoland area. It’s SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to be out running in a tank and shorts. Despite having to slow down and watch my breathing, there’s nothing like the sunshine on your face and the wind in your hair after a long day of work. I have however, forgotten my bug spray and sunscreen on my last couple runs. Here comes the runner’s tan!!!
4. I am not loving the humidity. ‘Nuff said. But I WILL NOT complain about the heat. Nope. Not gonna happen…(recall Chiberia 2013/2014?!?!?!)
5. I am loving the fact that every day I dig a little deeper and reach a littler further towards my goals. Whether it’s simply pinning one of MY recipes on Pinterest, or writing up a new blog post, I am reminded daily that I won’t give up on my dreams.
Tomorrow calls for 14-18 miles for my long run that I missed last weekend and then off to my youngest daughter’s first Ballet recital. I was super stoked to get the surprise that my Mom is driving down from MN to attend! YAY!!! What are you all loving/not loving lately? Any big plans for Mother’s Day weekend?