Here are my Friday 5’s in which I’m loving, or not loving, in no real particular order:
1. I am still loving my Brooks Launch 2’s, and plan to order a second pair on pay day to break in for the marathon. I love how lightweight they feel, the cushion they provide my legs, and the fact that my feet rarely (after racing last weekend everything hurt, lol) hurt after a long run. Winning all the way around.
2. I am not loving being a Mom to a teen. I LOVE her…but wow, no one gave me the listed side effects in advance that come with raising a teen. These side effects include the following, keeping in mind this list is NOT all inclusive.
Moodiness, snarkiness, outbreaks, tears, sarcasm, silent treatment and hatefulness, all with a side of ultimate love deep down to the core. ❤
Was I this terrible? Don’t answer that…I think I better apologize to my Mom for the umpteenth time for being such a crappy teen. LOL!!!
3. I am loving the warmer temps here in the Chicagoland area. It’s SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to be out running in a tank and shorts. Despite having to slow down and watch my breathing, there’s nothing like the sunshine on your face and the wind in your hair after a long day of work. I have however, forgotten my bug spray and sunscreen on my last couple runs. Here comes the runner’s tan!!!
4. I am not loving the humidity. ‘Nuff said. But I WILL NOT complain about the heat. Nope. Not gonna happen…(recall Chiberia 2013/2014?!?!?!)
5. I am loving the fact that every day I dig a little deeper and reach a littler further towards my goals. Whether it’s simply pinning one of MY recipes on Pinterest, or writing up a new blog post, I am reminded daily that I won’t give up on my dreams.
Tomorrow calls for 14-18 miles for my long run that I missed last weekend and then off to my youngest daughter’s first Ballet recital. I was super stoked to get the surprise that my Mom is driving down from MN to attend! YAY!!! What are you all loving/not loving lately? Any big plans for Mother’s Day weekend?
Keep Movin’ forward, y’all!