I haven’t blogged all week…yes, total blogger fail as my goal this year was to blog at least twice a week. But I found some inspiration on the trails tonight, and feel compelled to share it with you all…
I am 41 years old…or young, depending on how you look at it. My outward appearance shows the normal signs of aging, with crevices deepening under my eyes, and on my forehead. But my heart and soul, although wise with age, state otherwise…
Today I had an 8 mile long run planned, and I had to giggle at the fact I was a bit daunted by my last two long runs…last weekend was a 10 miler, which was plain HARD. Last year at this time I would say when someone asked me how far I was running that I was “only” going 8/10 miles, but after a winter in Chiberia and lack of running long, I have a new found respect for distance running.
That being said, I found out a lot about myself today during my 8 miler…
1. I love to run.
2. Running can be hard.
3. Waving and high fiving other runners is something I will always do…
4. Respect others on the trail as much as you respect your own space. We are all out there MOVING for a reason…
5. There comes a time during nearly every run (for me) that I forget I am running…and suddenly I am flying, dancing, and moving with the wind…the trails are simply my platform, and I find a joy in that moment of euphoria that compares to nearly nothing…
6. Sometimes, if not nearly always, you need to forget all the reasons you ‘can’t’ and push forward to all the reasons you CAN.
7. Take all the negative energy, lack of support, and naysayer CRAP, and use it as fuel to keep you moving forward.
8. Prove ’em wrong, always, and prove to yourself that fear is simply fuel for your success.
9. Run with your heart first, and your legs will follow suit.
10. Respect, Love, and Embrace every single distance.
Here are some photos seen from my run today…
Keep Movin’ forward, gang…
Health, fitness and Nutrition help for all
Personal blog where I express everything that goes on inside this ole head of mine. Some of it hurts and some of it is funny but ALL of it is REAL.
Life is a bubble, Make it as delusional as possible!
Art and Lifestyle by Brandon Knoll
Life Tips & Hacks for Success
Mind • Body • Spirit
Here There Then
Finding my way from employment to retirement
tales of a jesus-loving writer, her adorable little fam jam, the world's most fabulous weenie dog, grace, travel, love, life, and dealing with a rare and incurable autoimmune disease.
Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow
easy, tasty and surprising recipes for everyone
Slow Living & Reading
Las Vegas Travel, Finance, Motivation, & Inspiration
Giving peaceful thoughts intentionally
open your mind to a growth mindset and new perspectives