I haven’t blogged all week…yes, total blogger fail as my goal this year was to blog at least twice a week. But I found some inspiration on the trails tonight, and feel compelled to share it with you all…
I am 41 years old…or young, depending on how you look at it. My outward appearance shows the normal signs of aging, with crevices deepening under my eyes, and on my forehead. But my heart and soul, although wise with age, state otherwise…
Today I had an 8 mile long run planned, and I had to giggle at the fact I was a bit daunted by my last two long runs…last weekend was a 10 miler, which was plain HARD. Last year at this time I would say when someone asked me how far I was running that I was “only” going 8/10 miles, but after a winter in Chiberia and lack of running long, I have a new found respect for distance running.
That being said, I found out a lot about myself today during my 8 miler…
1. I love to run.
2. Running can be hard.
3. Waving and high fiving other runners is something I will always do…
4. Respect others on the trail as much as you respect your own space. We are all out there MOVING for a reason…
5. There comes a time during nearly every run (for me) that I forget I am running…and suddenly I am flying, dancing, and moving with the wind…the trails are simply my platform, and I find a joy in that moment of euphoria that compares to nearly nothing…
6. Sometimes, if not nearly always, you need to forget all the reasons you ‘can’t’ and push forward to all the reasons you CAN.
7. Take all the negative energy, lack of support, and naysayer CRAP, and use it as fuel to keep you moving forward.
8. Prove ’em wrong, always, and prove to yourself that fear is simply fuel for your success.
9. Run with your heart first, and your legs will follow suit.
10. Respect, Love, and Embrace every single distance.
Here are some photos seen from my run today…
Keep Movin’ forward, gang…
Welcome to my website!
Basic guides to earning an income online
~book reviews ~ mostly non-fiction ~ true crime & biographies
By Sandra Js Photography - Make the rest of your life the best of your life.
Husband. Father. Scientist. Writer. Braggart.
For bloggers who aspire to inspire
A Veteran's Heart
tips , tricks , advices
Online Marketing Strategies
Free listening and free download (mp3) chill and down tempo music (album compilation ep single) for free (usually name your price). Full merged styles: trip-hop electro chill-hop instrumental hip-hop ambient lo-fi boombap beatmaking turntablism indie psy dub step d'n'b reggae wave sainte-pop rock alternative cinematic organic classical world jazz soul groove funk balkan .... Discover lots of underground and emerging artists from around the world.
Drawing a line through 50
The chaotic life of a working Mom. Finding Peace and Stillness.
They said I could create a place to write and so I did
Be where the world is going
Former police detective writes about life, death, and coffee.
my fitness journey
Smiles are contagious, pass one around!