1. I haven’t ran in 6 days…I had planned to, well, several times…but an aching knee, car breaking down, allergies kicking my butt, and well-LIFE getting in the way seemed to stop me from my previous plans. (Lord willing I will at least do a short neighborhood run tomorrow). I will save you from sharing a pic, but my nose looks like Rudolph’s twin from blowing it so much…GAH!
2. BEST of luck to all the people I know running the Grandma’s marathon this weekend…this race is near and dear to my heart as I grew up watching marathoners, and since have falling in love with the sport of running.
3. I have ran 332 miles in the year 2012…this is HUGE for me…may my knee hold out for just a few more months! Most of which I did as a single Mom…so for that, I am proud…Nothing can stop me now!
4. Giving a pedicure to yourself, with “runners feet” is not pretty…One ½ toenail, and some major callouses made my night quite challenging. I refuse to torture any sweet lady in the nail salon to look at my feet….NO WAY…
5. Tomorrow my family and I are going to our first Cubs game at Wrigley Field. This is a Father’s day present to my husband, and we are so uberly stoked. Yes, I said uberly.
I could add number 6…that car repairs and bills, and life is HARD…but those tidbits don’t deserve a number in my week. They are THERE, yes…but I just can’t dwell on em…each day is step forward, and I won’t let the ‘crap’ get me down.
May you all have a wonderful weekend, and happy running!