1. I haven’t ran in 6 days…I had planned to, well, several times…but an aching knee, car breaking down, allergies kicking my butt, and well-LIFE getting in the way seemed to stop me from my previous plans. (Lord willing I will at least do a short neighborhood run tomorrow). I will save you from sharing a pic, but my nose looks like Rudolph’s twin from blowing it so much…GAH!
2. BEST of luck to all the people I know running the Grandma’s marathon this weekend…this race is near and dear to my heart as I grew up watching marathoners, and since have falling in love with the sport of running.
3. I have ran 332 miles in the year 2012…this is HUGE for me…may my knee hold out for just a few more months! Most of which I did as a single Mom…so for that, I am proud…Nothing can stop me now!
4. Giving a pedicure to yourself, with “runners feet” is not pretty…One ½ toenail, and some major callouses made my night quite challenging. I refuse to torture any sweet lady in the nail salon to look at my feet….NO WAY…
5. Tomorrow my family and I are going to our first Cubs game at Wrigley Field. This is a Father’s day present to my husband, and we are so uberly stoked. Yes, I said uberly.
I could add number 6…that car repairs and bills, and life is HARD…but those tidbits don’t deserve a number in my week. They are THERE, yes…but I just can’t dwell on em…each day is step forward, and I won’t let the ‘crap’ get me down.
May you all have a wonderful weekend, and happy running!
Published by Movin' it with Michelle
My name is Michelle and I am a retired Air Force Master Sergeant. I have found a passion for running, cooking, writing, photography and all things that move my love for life! I've ran 3 full marathons, with a PR of 4:25, and 17 half marathons with a PR of 2:00:11 (yup-missed sub 2 by 11 seconds, lol). Thanks for joining me on my journey!
View all posts by Movin' it with Michelle
10 thoughts on “Five things this Friday”
I wish you a wonderful weekend Michelle, and it sounds like you will enjoy the Cubs game! What a nice Father's Day to spend with Brian. I know you will fall back into stride with your running. I know life sometimes gets in our way, but we keep on going and that is commendable! Love to you and yours!! xoxo
Thanks so much, Jessica…you are amazing…
Wrigley field is so cool! Have fun!
Have a blast at Wrigley field! Always a good time! 🙂
Sorry that life has been rough this week:( Hopefully the trip to Wrigley field will make you feel better. In the end it will all be okay so hang in there!
I just love your positive attitude. Even though things have been rough, you are always optimistic. High fives to you!
We had a blast. Thanks!
Was awesome thanks!
Thanks hon. Maybe I just needed a tinyBreak. Miss running.
Thanks hon. Been a rough couple weeks but I'll get through it.