We had no plans this weekend which is sometimes fun. I have been battling bronchitis and now allergies for nearly a month and rest was something I welcomed. I woke up this morning with a cold pill hangover but was told my daughter had made plans to go to the mall with her friend. My husband told me they weren’t leaving for an hour so I quickly made some tea, showered and got ready. I wasn’t going to miss out on some fun. We picked up her friend, and headed to the mall. Once the kids went on their way, we grabbed some lunch and did a little shopping. What a fun day! We also had plans for my friend Kandice that I was stationed with back in Texas to come over for dinner, so we stopped by the store on the way home for some last minute dinner items.
Today I am thankful for:
- The fact my daughter is finally making friends here. Middle school age is hard.
- Last minute date lunches with my hubby. We don’t get much time just for us, so today was nice.
- 65% sales at Dillards. I got two super cute Free People dresses for 65% off. Winning.
- Dinner with friends. For the first time since we’ve moved here, we had a friend over for dinner. Steaks, sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, bacon wrapped asparagus and my cauliflower mash were a big hit.
- Positive outlooks. While this year may have started out rough, I am hopeful for better days.
Do you make time for date time for your significant other? What’s your favorite dish to cook for others? Are you an “on sale” shopper?