This week has been a little crazy. I am working 6 days this week, which always puts me off course in trying to get everything done around the house.
So here are my “five things”…
1. Taking the time to unplug more, has given me a lot more time to read, write, cook, and get stuff done around the house. Today was my only day off, so I cleaned the garage, finished staining my deck, and repainted my fire pit. Note to self, use the right color paint. I accidentally bought WHITE heat resilient paint, so as soon as I started spraying I thought OH CRAP. A second trip to the home depot saved the day. It is now a pretty black.
2. The hubby and I have stayed on point with our half marathon training. We were both visibly tired tonight when get got home from work, and while we stood on our driveway I said, “I don’t want to run.” This rarely happens. But I just wasn’t feeling it. It was humid, and getting ready to rain and I simply was feeling like a lazy thug. We ran anyway, and finished at a decent pace of around 9:45. We normally do our long runs at a 9:30 pace, but I needed to slow down, and heck, that’s ok sometimes too.
3. I have truly been enjoying taking my youngest to dance class at the park district. She really enjoys it, and although I am still having a hard time getting her to focus during class-I see how happy she is and that makes it all worth while.
4. Note to self: do NOT eat this for lunch on the day of a longer run. Yeah…my stomach nearly killed me the entire 10k.
5. I rarely wish days away, but I can tell you I am already dreading the next two days of work. I am not doing my regular job as a Histology Lab supervisor, as a few of the lab supervisors have to rotate through weekends being in charge of the ENTIRE lab. Yikes…I hate not knowing the answers to people’s questions…Is it Sunday afternoon yet?
What are you training for? Do you ever have to step out of your comfort zone at work and do additional duties? If so, how to you cope?
Have a great weekend, gang!