I’ve been out of the blogger land for a bit for several reasons. I thought, “What a perfect Friday Five post!” The list is NOT all inclusive, and is all over the place. Here goes…
1. After retiring from the Air Force in 2011 I found myself completely lost. Insert cliché “Fish out of water” statement, HERE. In struggling to find ME, I became a bit selfish. I ran a lot, I signed up for lots of races, I dove in to my passions of writing, cooking and photography, I…I…I. But wait…Oh yeah. I have 2 kids and a husband, a house, and a career that also need tending too. Pardon me while I slap my selfish self, now.
2. So I am runner who likes to write, cook, and several other things. So what? What makes me so much more interesting than anyone else. Yeah…a whole lotta nothin’.
3. I’ve not been running more than a couples at a time since the Grandma’s Marathon in June. I think 6+ hours on the course sucked the runner love out of me for a while. So what will I blog about, if I am not signed up for a gazillion races? Hmm…
4. I found in being so busy to grow my blog/page/creative career pursuit I was losing a lot of precious time with friends and family. I sort of got lost in social media land, and it more than sort of made me feel a tad sick.
5. I found myself very tired. I was tired of not only reading the same things over and over in social media, and seeing the same selfies posted of the same work outs all while bragging themselves up over contests and awards, I was MORE exhausted trying to keep up with those pages and blogs as I found myself doing the very SAME thing…argh.
So I’ve stepped back, and reassessed where I want to be. I still love spreading inspiration on my FB page with daily quotes and posters because nearly every day I get a “Thank you so much, I needed that,” type of comment. I still love cataloging my recipes on the blog, and sharing my love for all things involved with food. I still enjoy posting my workouts for a sense of accountability. But I’ve STOPPED trying to compete with pages and blogs that clearly have me outnumbered tenfold. “Comparison is the thief of joy” and I nearly let it steal MY joy. Ack! I need to practice what I preach, right?! I need to remember back to the reason WHY I started this blog/FB fan page which was to show people that even though you have struggles/face depression/suffer with life issues, YOU CAN KEEP MOVIN’ FORWARD. It’s up to you…
So thanks for bearing with me in my lack of posting. I just needed a little break. I am looking forward to the Fall, and some new upcoming challenges I plan on giving myself. Yes…I am going to tackle my fear of baking. STAY TUNED! LOL
Have a great weekend, y’all! And thanks again! ❤